|sparkling cherry crush|
If you were to add a splash of almond syrup and some fresh lemon juice, you have a cherry bakewell tart . . . in a glass!
Skill level: Easy
350g cherries, pitted
175g caster sugar
1 tbsp x fresh ginger, coarsely chopped
1 x bottle sparkling rosé, white or red wine, chilled
- Process cherries in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Strain and reserve the juice.
- Combine the juice with the sugar, ginger and water in a saucepan over medium heat and stir until sugar is dissolved. Simmer for about 10 minutes or until the liquid has reduced by half. Strain to remove any bits of ginger. Set aside to cool.
- To serve, divide the cherry syrup in the bottom of 6 tall champagne glasses. Top up the syrup with either sparkling rosé or white wine and serve immediately.
- Add a teaspoon of lemon juice and some almond syrup and you have a cherry bakewell tart in a glass.
- Use the cherry syrup with a mixture of bitter lemon and vodka,
- Use as a topping for vanilla or chocolate icecream.