|chorizo and Nutella party bites|
However my kitchen lacked the delights of a good pata negra ham or even acorns. What my pantry revealed was a cured Spanish chorizo (the type that is read to eat) and a jar of Nutella. A winning combination if I ever I heard of one - well the proof was in the eating and it actually works! The smoky, spice flavours of paprika drenched chorizo tastes beautiful with the sweet hazelnut and chocolate spread. Perfect party bites to intrigue and delight your guests.
Skill level: Easy
artisan bread, such as sourdough
Nutella (or other chocolate-hazelnut spread)
cured Spanish chorizo sausage, sliced about 5mm thick
- Slice the bread about in thin slices (between about 5mm and 1cm thick). Very lightly toast and allow to cool.
- Rub one side of each toast slice with a little fresh garlic and drizzle with olive oil. Cut out rounds using a small pastry cutter.
- Spread a thin layer of Nutella over the top with a tiny pinch of salt.
- Top with a slice of Nutella.
- You can either give them a quick reheat under a hot grill or serve at room temperature, with a little fresh oregano leaves.
- You can use a fresh chorizo - lightly fry first in a little oil. Reserve the oil and any of the fat and paprika left in the pan and use this to drizzle over the toasted bread.