I raise a toast to all of you: thank you, thank you, thank you!

mince pies
Christmas Poem  
Ring out, wild bells, to the wild sky,
The flying cloud, the frosty light;
The year is dying in the night;
Ring out, wild bells, and let him die.

Ring out the old, ring in the new,
Ring, happy bells, across the snow:
The year is going, let him go;
Ring out the false, ring in the true.
Alfred, Lord Tennyson 1809-92


I raise a mince pie (and a glass of fizz!) to you and yours and wish you all a very happy Christmas season and a glorious new year. Thank you all for reading my blog posts this year. You have no idea how very happy it has made me!

4 comments:

Elaine said...

...I'll raise a glass of fizz back to you.

I love reading your blog, trying your recipes, sending my son out to try the restaurants you recommend!

Thank you for all of the above - and for reminding me about that wonderful poem - which I had quite forgotten.

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year!

o cozinheiro este algarve said...

Those mince pies look wicked-CHEERS.
Raising a glass of Madeira to you.

Marmaduke Scarlet said...

Elaine thank you so much, you have been one of my lovely "discoveries" this year! :)

Rupe . . . wishing I was drinking a madeira too! Thinking of breaking out the gin (to survive my family!)

Kavey said...

Lovely choice of poem!
Hope 2012 holds many good things.
x