|honey mustard sausages|
This will taste better according to the quality of sausages you use. However, I recently (in a last minute rush) had to settle for a bag of frozen chipolatas from my local supermarket. They weren't perfect, but the dressing definitely hid any deficiencies in the sausages themselves!
Skill level: Easy
30 cocktail sausages
3 tbsp runny honey
3-4 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- Preheat the oven to 200C / Gas Mark 6.
- Combine the honey and mustard in a mixing bowl.
- Place the sausages in a roasting dish and pour over the honey mustard dressing, ensuring that the sausages are well coated.
- Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes. (It may need another 5 minutes to get all the sausages browned).
- Turn the sausages occasionally to ensure that they are nicely browned.
- Serve with a ketchup dip or green salad.
- Replace the honey and mustard with 3 to 4 tablespoons of a good quality jam, chutney or marmalade, together with 1 tablespoon of Chinese Five Spice powder, 1 to 2 cloves of finely chopped garlic and a splash of wine vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of soy sauce.