|roast chicken, watercress and nut sandwich|
half a small bunch of watercress
2 tbsps chopped walnuts or almonds
2 tbsp mayonnaise (or a good quality shop-bought version)
leftover roast chicken
salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pick through the watercress and remove the thickest stems. Roughly chop the rest including the leaves.
- Combine the watercress with about 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise, a little salt and the nuts. Add a little more mayonnaise if necessary.
- Cut the bread rolls through the circumference and lightly butter.
- Divide the watercress mixture between the base of each of the bread rolls.
- Season well with black pepper.
- Add torn strips of leftover roast chicken.
- Top with the remaining bread roll halves.