|Musical notation photo by Marja Flick-Buijs|
Vox Holloway, a community choir in north London, is starting rehearsals of The Prophet by Harvey Brough, based on the Khalil Gibran book. We are looking for new members.
Rehearsals start Tuesday 23 April, 7.30pm, St Luke's Church, Hillmarton Rd, N7. All are welcome, no auditions, no previous experience required!
So here is the deal:
- Anyone can join
- It doesn't matter whether you are a soprano, alto, tenor, bass or just don't know
- You do not have to have sung in a choir before
- You do not have to be able to read music (trust me, I can't!)
- You do not have to pass an audition or take a test (phew no embarrassing moments!)
- There is no charge – donate what you can afford
- Although the choir rehearses at St. Luke’s Church, Holloway, this is not a faith-based choir and you do not have to be a member of any religion
- As well as being part of a really good community choir, you will be supporting some really good causes; our last concert was in aid of an anti-slavery charity
- The choices of music are quite varied. Our last concert was based on jazz, gospel and spiritual themes. Previous concerts have encompassed classical music and English folk. Something for everyone!
- Rehearsals are Tuesday evenings, 7.30pm – 9.45pm at St Luke’s Church, Hillmarton Rd, N7 and run during the school terms.
But seriously, if you would like to join a choir, why not give it a try? And if you know someone who you think might be interested, please pass it on!