|keeping it salad simple!|
Skill level: Easy
baby plum tomatoes, halved
cucumber, deseeded and diced
spring onions, sliced
pine nuts, toasted
4 x halves of sun-dried or mi cuit tomatoes
10 x baby plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp Dijon mustard
salt and freshly ground black pepper
a pinch of sugar
3 tbsp olive oil
- First assemble the salad, by placing the rocket leaves in the centre of a large plate or bowl and scattering over the chopped salad vegetables and nuts.
- Make the vinaigrette by first blending together the tomatoes. When blitzed you can sieve them to remove the seeds if you want to; I don't always bother.
- Dissolve the mustard in the vinegar and stir in the salt and pepper and a pinch of sugar.
- Slowly whisk in the olive oil to ensure the vinaigrette emulsifies.
- Whisk in the tomato puree.
- Drizzle over the salad and serve.