rhubarb & ginger bombay sapphire cocktail

As you can probably tell, I do like fruit flavoured cocktails. Let's face it, it is one of the few ways that I will actually eat fruit . . . with copious amounts of alcohol.

I am planning on celebrating the spring season by making some rhubarb liqueur, but while it is waiting to mature, I am giving you this fabulous cocktail for rhubarb lovers everywhere. It was originally created by mixologist Flavio Lorenzo, (from Nobu Berkeley), for the Bombay Sapphire pop-up bar at Somerset House, in the glorious summer of 2009. Hic!

Serves 1 (all for me!)
Skill level: Easy

ingredients:
50ml Bombay Sapphire gin
8 x juniper berries
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp ginger + lemongrass cordial
fresh basil leaves
a slice of lemon or orange to decorate
crushed ice
 
directions:
  1. Smush about 8 juniper berries in the bottom of a cocktail shaker. (I suppose the technical term for this is actually "muddle" but smush seems to mimic what I am actually doing!)
  2. Add the Bombay Sapphire, together with lemon juice, rhubarb liqueur and the cordial.
  3. Shake well then strain into a tumbler glass filled with crushed ice 
  4. Garnish with basil leaves and a slice of citrus fruit.


    No comments: