Serves as many as you like!
Skill level: Easy
feta cheese, crumbled
4 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
a pinch of sugar
salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all the dressing ingredients and whisk until the dressing has emulsified. (Works well if you put the oil and vinegar into a jam jar, with a lid, and give it a good shake). Season to taste.
- Cook the broad beans for 2 to 3 minutes, either by steaming or microwaving. When cooked, refresh under cold water and drain. Pop them out of their skins and set aside.
- Cook the peas for about 2 to 3 minutes (as above). Drain and refresh and add to the broad beans.
- Very lightly cook the asparagus, so that it is virtually raw. (Perhaps about 1 minute). Drain and refresh. Cut the asparagus into thin batons, at an angle.
- Remove any of the woody stems from the watercress, if necessary.
- To serve, place a handful of watercress to each plate.
- Add a mixture of broad beans, peas and asparagus onto the watercress.
- Scatter over some crumbled feta cheese.
- Drizzle over a little of the vinaigrette dressing.
- Season to taste (I like lots of black pepper) and top with thin strips of smoked salmon.